Thursday, January 28, 2010

Lunchcapades

Before I start this entry, let me start by saying that I realize that I desperately need a new camera. I'm taunting you with these horrible images taken on my blackberry because I've lost my digital camera somewhere. This week is my birthday. I'm hoping that the gift my hubby has been hinting about is a new camera for my blogging!!!

Well, this week I ventured out of my office twice for lunch...visiting some of my favorite stops in Phoenix and picked out some of my favorite finds. You will see some new stuff but you will recognize my lovely obsession with glass. These pieces were ideal for what I want to do, but $$$$$$$$$. Yes, that's 9 $ signs. Why do I have such expensive taste??

So, without further adieu, here are my favorite finds:

Willows - 40th Street and Indian School Road








Paris Envy - 7th Ave - south of Camelback


This is the cabinet we considered for the remodeled bath (in progress) but it's an old piece and has a musty smell, which I wouldn't normally mind but we intend to store our linens in it.




These letters spell out "PARIS". I :heart: them. Only $88!




I am so drawn to this sofa, made out of a vintage headboard. I can tell you that our bassett hound would definitely steal that seat from us every chance he could!





I also visited Melrose Vintage down on 7th Ave and Camelback, which has some gorgeous pieces, but didn't take any pics. I will save those for a new camera (crosses fingers)!

7 comments:

  1. I assume adieu is the fancy Kelly version of ado. I feel so plain, lol, and need to expand my vocabulary.

    I'm liking the numbered fabric-lined baskets.

    If you really love that cabinet, maybe you can find a way to rid it of the smell. Google it or ask Wiki. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to make the fabric-lined baskets. They should be simple enough. Wire baskets, burlap, spray paint and stenciled numbers. They were $50 each and I just can't pay that. So, I've found burlap online and I am going to break in my sewing machine with some hemming this weekend so maybe I'll make some burlap liners. I am also planning to reupholster my wingback chair in soft cotton burlap. I'm loving burlap right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous. I want a new sewing machine!

    Be sure to paint one of the numbers in either bright coral, turquoise or green. ;) Wait, what are you using the baskets for?

    It's easy to believe that my blog has no followers, but yours? Uh uh. The music alone is enough reason to come here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so I'm prepared to make these baskets. I'm not even sure what I'll use them for. I was thinking of putting them in the catch all area near the garage door where things tend to gather and need sorting by room. So, I think I might use them as follows:

    1) Bathroom
    2) Office
    3) J's room
    4) My room
    5) Other

    I have been looking for the proper size wire baskets to use. I came across these:

    http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=4685&f=35304&q=wire+bin&fromLocation=Search&DIMID=400001&SearchPage=1

    I think I may get the large ones (17.5W" x 24"H) because they will old more as opposed to the 16"W x 20"H ones - even though the smaller ones better resemble the inspiration bins in the photo. What do you think? Should I get the large ones or the small ones?

    I will spray paint them black and sew the linen liners myself. (I already bought the linen fabric at Joann's on Sunday.)

    By the way, I bought a GREAT sewing idea book at Joann's and plan on making several items in it. I'll blog about it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you really need a catch-all for things that belong in ALL these rooms? Personally, I would rethink that. I doubt you need an in-between place to store things that belong in the bathroom. Just bring bathroom items straight to the bathroom. You may not need five. Maybe you should just have one for each of you & one for the dogs. Or maybe you can use 2 or 3 large baskets & 1 smaller size for keys and such. I love the look of these baskets you want, but I think you should check out what items are currently accumulated near the garage door and go from there. In this household, we currently have 2 floor baskets in use. One is in our room full of dog toys. The other is in the livingroom and is holding a warm fleece blanket (we cozy up with it on the sofa at night). When the weather warms, that basket will be moved back over by the entrance to collect flip flops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's my problem...when I'm cleaning...I spend all day running back and forth from the front of the house to the back of the house to put things away into the right rooms. My cleaning supplies are in the laundry room (the further back room in the house) and I never fail to forget something when I gather my cleaning supplies. My house can be like a maze. The area where I want to put these baskets is right in the middle of the house. I know it's great exercise to run back and forth, but I feel like I waste ALOT of time and get little done this way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you've already thought this out - perfect! I keep my cleaning supplies in the laundry room as well, but I also keep a small basket on the kitchen counter. It holds Anti-bacterial Windex (swear I use it 10x day), Lysol or air freshener, multi-surface Pledge and a dispenser full of wipes. I would probably tuck the basket under the kitchen sink if I didn't have a toddler. It's actually very convenient having it on the counter though. By the way, I also have wipes dispensers in each bathroom. I love them! I clean my baseboards with them and sometimes dust with them.

    ReplyDelete