Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Inspiration....

A couple of wedding related items.  First, I finally bought my wedding dress on Saturday.  It is a Champagne dress from Paloma Blanca's newest collection.  I bought it from a high end boutique going out of business in Denver.  I got the relatively new sample, which had only been tried on about 3-4 times, for about 1/2 the price and I will have it delivered by Friday.  I don't even have to wait 4 months for it. Yeah!!!  I can't tell you how relieved I am to finally have that out of the way!  

Next, I created my very first inspiration board today as well as two different color palettes for our wedding.  Jason wants to wear a brown suit (either tan or chocolate) and a green tie and since I'm such a fan of art nouveau, I came up with the following palettes:



And the main inspiration for my board is The Great Gatsby and the fabulous 1920s:



The mansion in the board above is Old Westbury Gardens, on Long Island, NY.  It's a fabulous estate where I used to take my mother on Mother's Day before moving here to the desert.  It's one of the things I miss the most about New York.  Visiting the grounds there inspired my passion for my rose gardens.

I hope everyone had a fabulous 3 day weekend.  I was able to get some much needed cleaning done around the house today.  I seriously need a 3rd day off every week to get everything done that needs to be done!  My life is too busy!

It's late and I have a date with a coffee pot in about 5 hours.  Nite. Nite. 


No comments:

Post a Comment